Sunday, October 6, 2013

Top 5 of My Favorite Movies (Yet!)

5. Man of Steel

      Man of Steel would have to be one of the best superhero movies I have seen yet. The movie was release in theaters on June 14, 2013. Amy Adams, Antje Traue, Christopher Meloni, and Diane Lane all starred in this exciting Action Adventure. It was exciting to see another remade of the life of Superman. Romance, Action, Sci-Fi, this movie had it all. It was so realistic, as if the events could actually happen in real life. It was amazing to see how Superman goes through struggles just like normal people.
      My best friend actually forced me to go with her to go see this movie. To be honest, I wasn't really a huge fan of superman in fact I thought Superman was pretty boring, I only went because she was paying for dinner. However my mind completely change as I watched Man of Steel. The movie was an epic battle, Superman was on the mission to save the world, just like any superhero. You would think that the movie was predicable, the same as every other Superman movie, however it wasn't. Man of Steel wasn't what you except it to be. I love how in this movie, it fully explained where Superman came from, his history, because I always questioned his background. One thing I didn't like was how they didn't include the number one thing that all Superman movies should have: Kryptonite. Kryptonite was Superman's biggest weakness, which I thought was important to include; to show the importance of overcoming weakness and fear. However overall, the movie was magical and amazing, which deserved to be in my top 5.

4. Insidious 2

      Before I start my review on Insidious 2, I want to say that I absolute hate scary movies!! I can't believe I actually went to go see this, I had nightmares for days. My brothers forced me to watch the 1st part of Insidious, which completely left me hanging so I HAD to see the 2nd part. The movie was released in theaters on September 13, 2013. The cast included Patrick Wilson, Rose Byrne, Lin Shaye, and Ty Simpkins.
      I can't count how many times I jumped in my seat while watching this horror. The movie was really good in my opinion, I loved how they connected all the dots together. The struggle to get back their loved one from evil was very intense. I was on the edge of my seat from the beginning to the very end. The story started to make sense and come together as the movie went on. However it did leave me with more questions at the end. Overall this horror was creepy and brilliant, and I recommend this to those who enjoy a good scary movie.

3. Iron Man 3

      Iron Man 3 was amazing! This thrilling action movie was released in theaters on May 3, 2013. Starred with Robert Downey Jr., Gwyneth Paltrow, Don Cheadle, Guy Pearce, and Rebecca Hall, this movie was set to perfection. I always loved Iron Man; he is an upscale, expensive suited superhero. There have already been a part 2 and part 3 of Iron Man, so I didn't know what I was expecting as I walked into the theaters to see the third part.    
      I actually went to go see this movie at Cinefest in Georgia State University. The movie really caught me off guard and turned out to be hilarious. I was quickly turned on from the start to finish. It definitely wasn't your typical superhero movie. There was so much action, that it would be impossible to fall asleep. Also there was so many surprises in this movie, I probably said "OMG" a thousand times because I could not believe what was going on. I think the cast really made this movie. They did a great job of making the movie come alive. Iron Man 3 had it all: action, romance, and comedy. The one thing, that bugged me the most, would have to be the last scene. I don't want to ruin the movie for anyone who haven't seen it yet, but let's just say I was feeling very upset. Overall though the movie was fantastic; if you haven't seen it yet, I recommend you to go see it now!

2. The Avengers

      I don't know why I have have some many action movies on this list, but this movie right here is the best one on here. In my opinion, The Avengers is the best action film out today. It was released in theaters on May 4, 2012. The cast that\\who starred in it are Robert Downey Jr, Chris Evans, Mark Rufflao, Chris Hemsworth, Scarlett Johnson, and Jeremy Renner. I watched this movie like 10 times, so this movie had to be that amazing.
      I saw this movie on DVD with my family and let me tell you, I was ecstatic the whole time watching it. I was so excited to see almost all my favorite superheros battling together and fighting evil. I remember when I was younger, I wonder what if all the superheros were in one movie. That wish came true when The Avengers came out. It was filled  with so much action, and drama, that by the middle of the movie, I already agreed that this was one of my favorite movies of all time. However by the end, I was screaming about how freaking good it was. The Avengers is definitely a must-watch.

1. The Great Gatsby

     I thought that The Avengers was my favorite movie, however after I seen this movie my mind completely changed.The Great Gatsby is my overall favorite movie of all times! Plus, Leonardo DiCaprio was it in *screams*! It was released in theaters on May 10, 2013. The cast include of course Leonardo DiCaprio, Tobey Maguire, Carey Mulligan, Isla Fisher, and Joel Edgerton. This was such an fantastic, elegant film.
     The Great Gatsby was filled with some much class and elegance, that by the end of the movie, I had convinced myself that I was just as classy as the characters. I already read the book back in my 10th grade's English class and I immediately fell in love with it. I fell in love with the romance and the tragedy When I heard that they were coming out with a move over the book, I was bouncing on the walls with happiness. I love the Great Gatsby so much! I loved how the movie was fast and quick, just like the city. It contained so much symbols. I could tell that the directors put in a lot of work and dedication in this film, I wished I could give them a pat on the back. Please go see this movie if you haven't already. I promise you won't regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment